Welcome to Good Tunes
David De Santi has been accumulating ‘good’ tunes for over 30 years and wants to share them! He has been involved in performing and publishing for just about as long as that.
This website has information how to get the music and where to play it. You can purchase collections of folk music tunes from around the world here.
There are also chances to play at Good Tunes sessions at Australian Folk Festivals and venues hosted by David De Santi. Regular fortnightly (free) Good Tune Sessions are at The Burrow in West End, Brisbane.
- 7.30pm – Monday 4 December 2023 – Good Tunes Session – The Burrow West End
- 7.30pm – Monday 18 December 2023 – Good Tunes Session – The Burrow West End
- 27 December to 1 January – 2023/2024 Woodford Folk Festival at the Craic
Wednesday 27 Dec – 2:00PM – 3:45PM
Thursday 28 Dec – 11:00AM – 12:30PM
Saturday 30 Dec – 11:30AM – 1:00PM
Monday 1 January 11:30AM – 1:00PMItalian Good TunesFriday 29 Dec – 10AM to 11:15AMSunday 31 Dec – 10AM to 11:15AM
- 6pm to 7pm – Tuesday 2 January 2024 – part of The Bug presents Dallahan from Scotland/Ireland, The Catchment Brewery, 150 Boundary Street, West End, Brisbane. MORE DETAILS and TICKETS to the CONCERT
- 19-21 January 2024 Good Tunes will be at the 37th Illawarra Folk Festival – 90 fabulous other acts. www.illawarrafolkfestival.com.au
- 22 January 2024 – first Good Tunes Session back at The Burrow for 2024. Then every 2 weeks. 5, 19 February | 4, 18 March | 1, 29 April | 13, 27 May | 10, 24 June | 8, 22 July | 5, 19 August | 2, 16, 30 September | 14, 18 October | 11, 25 November | 9, 23 December
- 1-3 March 2024 – Good Tunes at the Cobargo Folk Festival, NSW
- 4 March 2024 – 7th Anniversary Good Tunes at The Burrow, West End, Brisbane (started 2017)
A community bush dance with the Good Tunes Band. Dances are walked through and called – no experience required!
All proceeds will be going to local charities.
AHEPA Hall, 128 Boundary Street, West End, Brisbane, 4101.
Wear something comfortable, have lots of exercise and experience an enjoyable evening of social dancing.
Meet interesting people of all ages and backgrounds in a relaxed atmosphere.
All door takings to charity. Entry is $10 per person, $20 per family or affordable donation.
Tickets can be pre-purchased or cash or credit card at the door.
BYO drinks and nibbles. Doors open 6.30pm.
Join the band with an acoustic instrument, sheet music provided.
Band rehearsals at the Good Tunes Sessions at The Burrow 9 October 2023.
Further details David De Santi – firstname.lastname@example.org
2023 and 2024 GOOD TUNES SESSIONS
Monday nights – The Burrow
Bring an acoustic instrument to play. Sheet music with simple melody lines and chords is provided. Starts at 7.30pm. More details below.
And bring your friends if they just want to listen and enjoy the atmosphere, food and drink.
COMING SESSIONS at The Burrow
7.30pm every 2nd Monday at THE BURROW, WEST END Facebook Event.:
|16 January||30 January||13 February||27 February
(6th anniversary night)
|27 March||10 April
|24 April||8 May||22 May|
|5 June||19 June||3 July||17 July||31 July|
|14 August||28 August||11 September||25 September||9 October|
|23 October||6 November||23 November||4 December||18 December|
|22 January||5 February||19 February||4 March
(7th anniversary night)
|1 April||No session 15 April (Easter Monday)||29 April||13 May||27 May|
|10 June||24 June||8 July||22 July||5 August|
|19 August||2 September||16 September||25 September||9 October|
|25 October||11 November||25 November||9 December||23 December|
HOW IT WORKS
- BYO acoustic instrument to play wide range of traditional style folk tunes from around the world.
- We’ll play through jigs, reels, polkas and waltzes and more from all over the place including Ireland, Scotland, Italy, Spain, France, Quebec, Australia, England, USA, and Scandinavia. You can see a sample of the tunes at: https://www.goodtunes.com.
- All levels of musicians are welcome to join in..
- The aim is to have fun and get everyone playing
- There will be copies of the Good Tunes Book (with 157 tunes) to use.
- The tunes are written as single line melody and with guitar chords.
- You can also just use your ear if you wish.
PURCHASE BOOKS AND CDS
STOP PRESS: The Good Tunes CD (Volume 1) is now available with 40 tunes from the Good Tunes Book! Each tune is played twice so it will be a great way to learn and hear the tunes. CLICK HERE TO BUY