Welcome to Good Tunes
David De Santi has been accumulating ‘good’ tunes for over 30 years and wants to share them! He has been involved in performing and publishing for just about as long as that.
This website has information how to get the music and where to play it. You can purchase collections of folk music tunes from around the world here.
There are also chances to play at Good Tunes sessions at Australian Folk Festivals and venues hosted by David De Santi. Regular (free) Good Tune Sessions continue in Brisbane at Papa Rossi (Italian Restaurant in South Bank) from 27 July 2020. Sheet music is provided.
2020 GOOD TUNES SESSIONS
Monday nights at Papa Rossi (Italian Restaurant, South Bank) Google Map
Bring an acoustic instrument to play. Sheet music with simple melody lines and chords is provided. Starts at 7.30pm. More details below.
And bring your friends if they just want to listen and enjoy the atmosphere, food and drink.
- 19 October
- 2 November
- 30 November
- 14 December
- 19 January 2021
- 2 February
- 16 February
Address: 1/164 Grey St, South Brisbane, QLD 4101 MAP
- HOW TO GET THERE: By Car – There are underground paid carparks or meter street parking from 7pm for $2.30 per hour up to 3 hours. Alternatively catch public transport to South Bank.
- Booking number for dinner: 07 3846 1000
- BYO acoustic instrument to play wide range of traditional style folk tunes from around the world.
- We’ll play through jigs, reels, polkas and waltzes and more from all over the place including Ireland, Scotland, Italy, Spain, France, Quebec, Australia, England, USA, and Scandinavia. You can see a sample of the tunes at: http://www.goodtunes.com.
- All levels of musicians are welcome to join in..
- The aim is to have fun and get everyone playing
HOW IT WORKS
- There will be copies of the Good Tunes Book (with 157 tunes) to use.
- The tunes are written as single line melody and with guitar chords.
- You can also just use your ear if you wish.
FOOD AND DRINK
There’s plenty of great Italian style food and drinks available at Papa Rossi – pizzas, pasta, seafood, meat dishes, snacks, burgers, salads, desserts, coffee. Vegan options also available. See: https://paparossi.com.au for the complete menu
PURCHASE BOOKS AND CDS
STOP PRESS: The Good Tunes CD (Volume 1) is now available with 40 tunes from the Good Tunes Book! Each tune is played twice so it will be a great way to learn and hear the tunes. CLICK HERE TO BUY
SIGN-UP FOR REGULAR NEWSLETTERS